Panel Discussion: Doing Virtuous Business: An Interreligious Dialogue on Faith and Work
Tuesday, March 8, 5:15 PM
Our panel will discuss the Jewish, Christian and Muslim perspectives on the interrelation between faith and work. Drawing upon their respective religious traditions, the panelists will discuss what it means to be faithful leaders in business today.
- Odeh Muhawesh is a Minneapolis based entrepreneur who is presently CEO of Scroant Inc. (Minneapolis). He also teaches courses in the history of the Middle East and in Islamic theology at the University of St. Thomas.
- Brian Shapiro is an associate professor at the University of St. Thomas in the accounting department at the Opus College of Business. He is also an active member of Bet Shalom Congregation in Minnetonka, MN.
- Ted Malloch is Chairman and CEO of the Roosevelt Group, a leading strategy thought leadership company. His most recent book is Doing Virtuous Business, which is also the subject of a PBS documentary to be aired in the Spring 2011.
- Muslim-Christian Dialogue Center
- John A. Ryan Institute for Catholic Social Thought, the Center for Catholic Studies
- Jay Phillips Center for Interfaith Learning
- SAIP Institute at the Opus College of Business
For more information and to make reservations for the dinner, please contact Lois Dament at the Muslim-Christian Dialogue Center, firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-962-5650.