Shenehon Center for Real Estate
2014 Minnesota Affordable Housing Conference
Thursday, May 8, 7:30 AM
Join the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency and the Shenehon Center for Real Estate at the University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business for a conference bringing together various professionals working in all facets of real estate to exchange ideas, network and learn from one another's successes.
Hone your skills with our specially selected workshops offering beginners and advanced practitioners information and resources needed to adapt and thrive. Learn from the experts and make valuable connections through networking opportunities.
Each breakout session will feature a finance track and a development track to address the various needs and interests of the affordable housing community.
We have reached capacity for this event. Registration for this event is now closed.
7:30 a.m. Registration
8 a.m. Breakfast and Keynote Steve Cramer, President and CEO, Minneapolis Downtown Council
9 a.m. Breakout One
- Finance Track: LIHTC 101 – What to Know Before Undertaking a Tax Credit Project
- Development Track: Case Study – Housing for Homeless Veterans at Fort Snelling
10:30 a.m. Breakout Two
- Finance Track: Using Tax Increment Financing in Affordable Housing Projects
- Development Track: Lessons Learned in Creating an Affordable Housing Development Company
12 p.m. Luncheon and Keynote Mary Tingerthal, Commissioner, Minnesota Housing
1:45 p.m. Breakout Three
- Finance Track:Advanced Tax Credits – Combining Low-Income Housing Tax Credits with Historic Tax Credits and Others
- Development Track: State and Federal Legislative Update
3: 15 p.m. Breakout Four
- Finance Track: Tax Credit Investors Panel
- Development Track: Unique Issues in Developing Affordable Housing in Greater Minnesota
4:30 - 6:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception and Networking
Who Should Attend
Housing developers, housing authorities and homebuilders
For-profit and nonprofit housing organizations
Legislators, public officials, housing advocates and residents
Planners, economic and community housing development organizations and municipalities exploring development
Financial institutions, lenders and investors
Property managers, support service providers and professional service providers
Real estate attorneys and realtors ®
This program has been approved for 8 hours of real estate agent/broker continuing education credit through the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
Thursday, May 8, 7:30 AM
University of St. Thomas
Opus College of Business
1000 LaSalle Ave
Minneapolis Opus Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Presented/Sponsored by Minnesota Housing Finance Agency and the Shenehon Center for Real Estate at the University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business.