Qualtrics Survey Software
Qualtrics is web-based survey software available for use by all Opus College of Business faculty, staff and students. The software is easy to use while at the same time providing sophisticated survey techniques such as branching, conditions, etc.
Our Qualtrics environment includes customized, branded templates for the Opus College of Business, as well as general templates that are provided "out of the box" for Qualtrics users.
Create an Account
Visit the Opus College of Business Qualtrics account creation page.
Complete the online form. NOTE: You must use your University of St. Thomas e-mail address ending in @stthomas.edu (for example, email@example.com). A valid e-mail address at UST informs the system at Qualtrics that you are authorized to create an account.
- Read the Terms of Service. If you agree to the Terms of Service, check the box labeled "I have read and agreed to the Terms of Service."
- Click the "Register" button.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Qualtrics. You must reply to this e-mail in order to activate your account.
PLEASE NOTE: Initially, all accounts are set to the "undergraduate" or default level of use, which limits the number of survey responses to 500, the number of active surveys to 10, and total surveys (active and inactive) to 25. You may request an upgrade to your account if you are faculty or staff, or if you are a graduate student and need to accomodate more survey responses and/or concurrent surveys in support of your course work.
To request an upgrade, place a request with the Qualtrics Brand Administrator.
Go to the St. Thomas log in page at http://stthomas.qualtrics.com.
Enter your email address and password, and press the "Login" button.
Technical Support and Other Assistance
NOTE: IRT provides no assistance for Qualtrics users. On-campus support is provided by volunteers; therefore, we ask that you attempt to answer your questions at the first level (Qualtrics Technical Support) before moving on to the second level (On-Campus Support).
Level One – Qualtrics Technical Support
Phone support is available at 1-800-340-9194. For e-mail support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to a standard topic- or search-based help system, the Qualtrics website offers an extensive set of online resources called Qualtrics Survey University.
- Video Tutorials walk you through creating, distributing, and editing surveys as well as viewing the results and importing the results into SPSS.
- Research Articles address a broad range of topics, including survey design, data analysis, and developing different types of surveys for a number of different topics such as Satisfaction, Customer Retention, Whistle Blower, or Training Evaluation.
- An Extensive Library of surveys by topic area, question, and graphics enable you to copy whole surveys or parts of surveys and adapt them to your own uses.
Level Two – On-Campus Support (Peer Assistance)
Members of the Qualtrics Users' Group may provide peer-based support. Students should request assistance from faculty they are working with or from Qualtrics User and Technical Support. Faculty/staff who need assistance may contact Lisa Burke, OCB's Qualtrics Brand Administrator, at email@example.com.