Site 1: Monahan Fountain Plaza
The Monahan Plaza bed is composed of perennials that were planted in May of 2016. Being a relatively young bed, the plants will continue to spread and become more lush in the future. Generalist pollinators like honey bees and bumblebees will also be found on the catmint located on the other side of the fountain. Catmint can be found in various places around campus. Although it blooms early in the summer, it may show a second, smaller bloom late in summer.
Salvia nemorosa ‘Caradonna’
|Allium tanguticum ‘Summer Beauty’||Summer Beauty Ornamental Onion|
|Agastache foeniculum ‘Blue Fortune’||Blue Fortune Hyssop|
|Sporobolus heterolepsis||Prairie Dropseed|
Use the links below to wander the path...
- Site 2: Flagpole beds
- Site 3: Library Plaza planters
- Site 4: Science Building beds
- Site 5: Service Center planter
- Site 6: Stewardship Garden with zinnia border
- Site 7: Pollinator Garden (mostly MN native plants)