University of St. Thomas Pollinator Path Sites
Welcome to the St. Thomas Pollinator Path! We encourage you to walk the path and start seeing the pollinators that our flowers attract. In the process, we hope that you will become more aware of the different types of pollinators and how we can make the urban landscape more hospitable for them.
Each of the sites on our path will have its own page with a photograph of the bed, a short description of the site and a listing of the plants found there. While a photograph of each flower is beyond the scope of these pages, there will be a list of plants. You can locate more information about the plants in several ways, but we reccomend The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. You can also get detailed planting guides from a number of good sources:
- Pollinator Partnership Planting Guides
- U of MN Bee Lab: Plants for MN Bees
- Heather Holm's Pollinators of Native Plants (book website)
Use the links below to wander the path...
- Site 1: Monahan Plaza
- Site 2: Flagpole beds
- Site 3: Library Plaza planters
- Site 4: Science Building beds
- Site 5: Service Center planter
- Site 6: Stewardship Garden with zinnia border
- Site 7: Pollinator Garden (mostly MN native plants)