Current St. Thomas students may download the Aquinas Scholars application form here.
CRITERIA FOR AQUINAS SCHOLARS ESSAY
The application essay for the Aquinas Scholars Honors Program will be judged on the following criteria:
FORM (Grade Scale: 0-Low/Poor; 1-Acceptable; 2-Good)
1. The organization of the essay.
2. The clarity of the essay.
3. The correct use of English grammar and spelling.
CONTENT (Grade Scale: 0-Low/Poor; 1-Acceptable; 2-Good)
4. The quality of the ideas presented in the essay.
5. The creativity/feasibility of the proposed seminar.
6. Source/support for the ideas and seminar (i.e., an article, book, website, etc.).
7. Interdisciplinary contributions of each faculty partner.
8. The overall quality of the essay—sum of previous seven categories (minimum for acceptance—at least a “1” in each of the seven categories!).
Students who enter the program as incoming freshmen with 42 or fewer college credits. Also, all transfer students must complete this contract.
Contract # 2
Continuing UST students who enter the program with more than 42 college credits.