St. Thomas provides a variety of career services to prepare you for internships and your job search. Staff in the Career Development Center provide guidance on resume writing, interview techniques, networking and job search correspondence. Each student is encouraged to have one internship or off-campus employment experience related to his/her career area of interest. You will have access to a vast listing of employer-submitted internships in the area, to help you take advantage of this amazing opportunity.
- Last year, more than 55% of graduating seniors had an internship, many within five miles of campus.
- The top interviewing companies that recruit St. Thomas students include Target, Best Buy, Wells Fargo, Ameriprise Financial, UnitedHealth Group, US Bank and General Mills.
- The St. Thomas Career Development Center helps students arrange hundreds of internships each year. It also provides resources, such as job preparation seminars, job postings, mock interviews, job fairs and on-campus recruiting.
- Each semester, there are approximately six UST students working as interns in the newsrooms of every commercial television station in the Twin Cities.
- Ninety-two of the top 100 corporations in Minnesota are located within 15 minutes of our St. Paul campus. This includes the corporate headquarters of 3M, Target, Best Buy, General Mills, Medtronic, as well as the state capitol. UST students work paid internships at many of these corporations, while still living on campus.