offers two unique programs that provide students with tools for leadership, scholarship, and advocacy: New York Union Semester and the Masters of Arts Degree in Labor Studies.
NY Union Semester offers a mentored internship (for college graduates and undergraduates) at a union or worker organization, in addition to 4 outstanding classes. Interns receive:
• A weekly stipend and unlimited Metro Card
• In-state tuition rates, a scholarship, and credits for labor studies courses
In the MA in Labor Studies, students examine the history, debates and challenges affecting workers and unions, from an interdisciplinary perspective. This is an ideal degree for anyone interested in advocacy, research, non-profits and social justice. We offer:
• Evening classes in midtown Manhattan; Internships
• Affordable tuition; Academic resources
• Open Houses (NYC), 6:15 pm: Tues., Oct. 1, 2013; Wed., Oct. 30, 2013; Thurs., Nov.
21, 2013; Mon., Dec. 9, 2013
RSVP & MA information: firstname.lastname@example.org (212) 642-2055
• Union Semester Conference Calls, 5:30 pm, Oct. 9 and Nov. 4.
RSVP and information: Tamara.Shapiro@mail.cuny.edu (212)642-2011
• Our website: www.sps.cuny.edu/institutes/jsmi
Watch for an announcement this semester about two scholarships offered at the undergraduate and MA level