The University of St. Thomas is committed to fostering a productive campuswide dialogue that results in an honest and comprehensive self-study and achieves the following goals:
- Review and evaluate the extent to which we fulfill our mission, vision and convictions for effective teaching, scholarly research and community engagement, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Review, evaluate and recommend ways to continue building an assessment culture as well as processes that allow us to better understand and respond to our strengths, weaknesses and opportunities across the entire institution (academic and non-academic).
Specifically, review, evaluate and recommend ways to strengthen processes for:
- program review;
- learning outcomes;
- planning and strategic growth.
- Review and evaluate our campus climate, and make recommendations to strengthen:
- cultural diversity;
- collegiality and civility;
- a sense of partnership and shared mission.
- Review and evaluate the ways in which we provide a value-added education, and recommend ways to continue increasing that value.