This office handles all parking questions, issues parking permits, takes requests for special event parking, sells Metro Transit bus passes, and processes UST parking tickets and appeals for both the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses.
The Following Street Closures will Affect the Minneapolis Campus During the MLB Allstar Game Activities and the Basilica Block Party
Several streets downtown will be closed to traffic July 11-15, when Major League Baseball All-Star Game events and the Basilica Block Party will be taking place.
The street closures that will be in place the longest for All-Star Game events are:
- 6th Street North, from 1st Avenue North to Hennepin Avenue – Closed 9 a.m. Friday through Tuesday.
- South and east side of Grant Street E and 2nd Avenue South, from Marquette Avenue to 12th Street South – Closed 12:01 a.m. Friday through Tuesday.
- 4th Avenue South, between 4th Street South and 5th Street South – Closed 8 a.m. Sunday through Tuesday.
- Twins Way, from Royalston Avenue to 7th Street North – Closed from noon Sunday through Tuesday. The section from Royalston Avenue to 10th Street North will briefly open to traffic Sunday morning until 10 a.m.
Shorter-term street closures for All-Star Game events include:
- Nicollet Mall from Alice Rainville Place to 6th Street South – Closed from 10 p.m. Monday to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday for the Red Carpet Parade. There will be additional one-block closures for cross streets leading up to the parade. Drivers who use parking ramps along affected streets will be able to use those ramps during the closure.
- 7th Street, from Marquette Avenue to 10th Street North – Closed from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday for the Red Carpet Parade.
- 5th Street North, from 5th Avenue North to 3rd Avenue North – Closed from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- West River Parkway, from 4th Avenue North to 13th Avenue South – Closed 7 p.m. Monday to 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. The section of the parkway from Portland Avenue to 11th Avenue South will close all day Monday until 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- 2nd Street South, from Portland Avenue to 11th Avenue South – Closed from 9 p.m. Monday to 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. Side streets along this stretch will also be closed to Washington Avenue during this time.
- 3rd Avenue North ramp to I-394 – Closed intermittently Sunday through Tuesday. However, it will be open to buses to Ramp B only.
The following streets will be closed Friday through Saturday for the Basilica Block Party:
- 16th Street North, from Hennepin Avenue to Linden Avenue.
- Laurel Avenue, from 16th Street North 15th Street North.
- Hawthorne Avenue, from Lyndale Avenue to 15th Street North.
- Linden Avenue West, from Lyndale to I-394 westbound ramp.
- 15th Street North, from Linden Avenue to Chestnut Avenue.
Starting Monday, June 16 the UST shuttle bus stop on the St. Paul campus will move from the Arches westbound on summit Ave. and pick up in front of the Anderson Student Center
Summer C-Pass Sales Begin Tuesday, May 27, cost $90.
Summer Parking Rules Begin 6:00 pm, Friday, May 16
The gates to the Morrison Parking Ramp and the Anderson Parking Facility will be raised and permits will not be required to park in the red and yellow lots and the resident parking lots/ramps. Other restrictions will remain in place, including overnight parking rules. During the week, overnight guests are directed to park in either the Morrison ramps, the Anderson Parking Facility or Lot U. Weekend overnight parking will continue as usual.
Location & Hours
St. Paul Office
2119 Grand Ave.
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F
2nd Floor Law School, MSL 252
8 a.m. - 4 p.m. M-F