Dawn R. Swink
Associate Professor : Ethics and Business Law Department
Send an email
B.A., international relations and political science, Minnesota State University
J.D., Drake University School of Law
- Constitutional law in business
- Donor liability-assisted reproduction
- Employee relations
- Employment law
- Internet law
- Telecommuter law
- Employee Internet use and productivity
- Health issues and employer liability
- Reproductive law: medical advances, fertility tourism, and customizing children
- Telecommuting in the 21st Century
- Reproductive industries and e-commerce
- Constitutionality and business implications of same-sex marriage
- "Outsourcing Human Reproduction: Embryos & Surrogacy Services in the CyberProcreation Era," with Brad Reich, U of Maryland Law School Journal of Health Care Law & Policy, Vol. 14, No. 2, Spring 2011.
- "You Can’t Put the Genie Back in the Bottle: The Potential Rights and Obligations of Egg Donors in the Cyberprocreation Era," with Brad Reich, Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 20, No. 1, 1-57, 2010.
- "Caveat Vendor: Potential Progeny, Paternity, and Product Liability Online," Brigham Young University Law Review, Issue 4, with J. Brad Reich, fall 2007.
- "The Perfect Storm of Constitutional Law: A Legal and Business Analysis of Same-Sex Marriage," with J. Halgas. ALSB Conference proceedings, 2005.
- "Employee Use of the Internet: Where Voyage Is Forbidden," Midwest Law Review, vol. 20, pp. 101-129, Fall 2004.
- “Back to Bakke: Affirmative Action Revisited in Educational Diversity,” Brigham Young U. Education and Law Journal, vol. 1, pp. 211-256, April 2003.
- “Telecommuter Law: A New Frontier of Legal Liability,” American Business Law Journal, Vol. 38 (4), pp. 857-900, Summer 2001. (Reprinted in workers compensation Laws Review, vol. 24, issue 2002, pp. 89-132)
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Invited Participant, Labor and Employment Relations Association National Conference, 2007.
- Distinguished Paper Award, Academy of Legal Studies in Business 2005
- Invited Participant, Huber Hurst Research Seminar, 2005
- Best Paper in Any Source Award, Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business, 2004, 2005.
- Academy of Business Disciplines (articles reviewer)
Current Editorial Board Appointments
- Editor-in-Chief, Midwest Law Journal
- American Business Law Journal
- Journal of Legal Studies in Education