Dr. Ritch Sorenson
Professor of Entrepreneurship : Entrepreneurship Department
Send an email
B.A., rhetoric, Brigham Young University
M.A., M.S., interpersonal communication, Brigham Young University
Ph.D., organizational communication, Purdue University
- Family business
- Organizational communication
- Governance in family business
- The landscape of family business
- Family capital
- Entrepreneurship in family business
- Sorenson, R., A. Yu, K. H. Brigham, and G. T. Lumpkin. The Landscape of Family Business. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, forthcoming.
- Social Capital and Family Business. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- “How moral and social values become embedded in family firms,” Journal of Management Spirituality and Religion 10:1 (2013).
- Spriggs, Mark, Andy Yu, David Deeds, and Ritch Sorenson, “Too many cooks in the Kitchen: Innovation capacity, collaborative network orientation, and performance in small family businesses,” Family Business Review XX:X (2012).
- Yu, Andy, G. T. Lumpkin, Ritch L. Sorenson, and Keith H. Brigham, “The landscape of family business outcomes: A summary and numerical taxonomy of dependent variables,” Family Business Review 25:1 (2011): 33-57.
- Sorenson, Ritch, C.A. Folker and K. H. Brigham, "The Collaborative Network Orientation: Achieving Business Success Through Collaborative Relationships," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice (2008).
- Sorenson, Ritch, M. Hoelscher and J. Hoffman, "Achieving Sustained Competitive Advantage: A Family Capital Theory," Family Business Review 24:2 (2006).
- "The Contribution of Leadership Styles and Practices to Family and Business Success," Family Business Review 12:3 (2000).
- "Conflict Strategies Used by Successful Family Businesses," Family Business Review 12:4 (1999).
- Sorenson, Ritch, E. A. Morse and G.T. Savage, "What Motivates Choice of Conflict Strategies?" International Journal of Conflict Management 10:1 (1999).
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Best Dissertation Award, 2012, Family Firm Institute. Committee for Annette Rahael.
- The 2009 Jack A. Dinos/Cox Family Enterprise Center Best Family Business Paper Award, Academy of Management.
- Associate Editor, Family Business Review, 2008-2012.
- Opus Endowed Chair in Family Business, 2007-present.
- Trinity Companies Professor in Management, 2004-2007 , Texas Tech University.
- Best Dissertation Award, 2002, Family Firm Institute. Co-Director for Mark Hoelscher.