Mick A. Sheppeck
Send an email
B.A., psychology, Slippery Rock University
M.A., general psychology, Western Washington University
Ph.D., industrial/organizational psychology, University of South Florida
- Competency modeling and employee attribute assessment
- Employee performance management
- Employee staffing
- Human resource management strategy
- Management succession planning and development
- Developing patterns of company market strategy and human resource strategy
- HR practices and business strategy
- Militello, J., J. Sailors, and Sheppeck, M. "The Equifinality of Success in the Operational Excellence Market Discipline," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 22:1 (2010):4-24.
- Sheppeck, M., and J. Militello, "The Mediating Effect of Strategic Processes in Affecting Firm Market Performance," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 19:2 (2008):180-198.
- Sheppeck, M. and J. Militello, "Determining Organizational Alignment: A Research Model," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 15:1 (2007):128-143.
- "Determining Organizational Alignment: A Research Model," with J. Militello, 13th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Business and Behavorial Sciences, 2006.
- "Educating Highly Competent and Principled HR Professionals in the 21st Century," with S. J. Ramlall, International Journal of Human Resources development and Management, Vol.7 (3/4), pp. 215-226, 2007.
- "Increasing the Relevance of the Graduate HR Curriculum," with S. J. Ramlall, Human Resource Planning, 29(2), pp. 6-11, June 2006.
- “Making the Right Match: Finding the Consulting Style that Fits your Firm,” with J. Militello, Journal of Business & Economics Research, 2003.
- The Game Called Industry: A Practical Career Guide For African-American Students, with T. Lawrence, Black Collegiate Services, Inc., 2003.
- “Strategic HR Configurations and Organizational Performance,” with J. Militello, Human Resource Management Journal, Vol. 39 (1), pp. 5-16, 2000.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Best paper award in the strategy track at the 13th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, 2006
- Best paper award, The International Business & Economics Research Conference, 2002
- Ulrich-Lake award for best paper, Human Resource Management Journal, 2001
- Best paper award, The International Academy of Business Disciplines, 1994