Mick A. Sheppeck
Send an email
Mick Sheppeck received his Ph.D. in industrial /organizational psychology from the University of South Florida. He teaches various human resource courses in the undergraduate business school, the Health Care UST MBA program and the Executive UST MBA program. His teaching style is interactive and focused on applied issues in business, nonprofit and government organizations. He worked in various human resource jobs at the National Bank of Detroit, Assessment Designs International and Honeywell, Inc.
Sheppeck’s research activities are focused on the integration between an organization’s marketplace customer strategy and its workforce strategy. Together with Jack Militello, he received the Ulrich-Lake Award in 2001 for the best applied paper in the Human Resource Management journal. He consults in the areas of human capital management, talent/succession management, competency modeling, employee selection and assessment, performance management, training and development, and employee attitude surveying.more
B.A., psychology, Slippery Rock University
M.A., general psychology, Western Washington University
Ph.D., industrial/organizational psychology, University of South Florida
- Competency modeling and employee attribute assessment
- Employee performance management
- Employee staffing
- Human resource management strategy
- Management succession planning and development
- Developing patterns of company market strategy and human resource strategy
- HR practices and business strategy
- Militello, J., J. Sailors and Michael Sheppeck, "The Equifinality of Success in the Operational Excellence Market Discipline," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 22:1 (2010): 4-24.
- Sheppeck, Michael and J. Militello, "The Mediating Effect of Strategic Processes in Affecting Firm Market Performance," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 19:2 (2008): 180-198.
- Sheppeck, Michael and J. Militello, "Determining Organizational Alignment: A Research Model," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 15:1 (2007): 128-143.
- Sheppeck, Michael and J. Militello, "Determining Organizational Alignment: A Research Model." 13th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Business and Behavorial Sciences, 2006.
- Sheppeck, Michael and S. J. Ramlall, "Educating Highly Competent and Principled HR Professionals in the 21st Century," International Journal of Human Resources development and Management 7:3/4 (2007): 215-226.
- Sheppeck, Michael and S. J. Ramlall, "Increasing the Relevance of the Graduate HR Curriculum," Human Resource Planning 29:2 (June, 2006): 6-11.
- Sheppeck, Michael and S. J. Ramlall, "Making the Right Match: Finding the Consulting Style that Fits your Firm," Journal of Business & Economics Research (2003).
- Sheppeck, Michael and T. Lawrence, The Game Called Industry: A Practical Career Guide For African-American Students. Black Collegiate Services, Inc., 2003.
- Sheppeck, Michael and J. Militello, "Strategic HR Configurations and Organizational Performance," Human Resource Management Journal 39:1 (2000): 5-16.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Best paper award in the strategy track at the 13th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, 2006
- Best paper award, The International Business & Economics Research Conference, 2002
- Ulrich-Lake award for best paper, Human Resource Management Journal, 2001
- Best paper award, The International Academy of Business Disciplines, 1994