Associate Professor : Finance Department
Send an email
Ameeta Jaiswal-Dale joined the University of St. Thomas in 1990. In the undergraduate and graduate business programs, she teaches courses in derivative markets, currency and treasury risk management, international corporate finance and financial management. In addition, she has served as assistant dean of the Graduate Business School during its transition to the College of Business.
She holds visiting professor positions at the Écoles des hautes études commerciales (EDHEC) in Nice, France, and Université de Caen, France. She is invited to lecture at the Universities of Siena, Bergamo and Viterbo in Italy; and Birla Institute of Technology (BITs) in Hyderabad, India. She has taught at Novosibirsk University, Russia, and Palacky University in Olomouc, Czech Republic.
Besides her teaching, Jaiswal-Dale has an active research agenda, often with co-authors from France, Italy, India and Mexico, in corporate finance and the derivative market. Her research focuses on treasury management risk, corporate finance and governance. She is currency researching commodity price volatility. Her publications are a combination of empirical research and pedagogical discussions in the European Financial Management Journal, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Journal of Applied Finance and Economia & Management.
Jaiswal-Dale is active in professional organizations such as the Financial Management Association (FMA) and the International Business Economics Association (IBEC), serving in many capacities. Her outreach to the regional business community includes the Minneapolis Grain Exchange (MGEX) and the French-American Chamber of Commerce, Minnesota Chapter (FACC MN), where she serves as president to promote the mission of the chamber, including student internships, business development in the life sciences and cooperation between France and the U.S. In addition, she is involved with other local nonprofits as board member or treasurer.
She has won many awards, including the FMA/CIBER Award for the best international case study and the Global Citizenship Award to International Education Founders. Jaiswal-Dale received her doctorate from the Université de Rennes, France, her master’s degree from Osmania University, India, and her undergraduate degree from St. Francis College, India.more
B.A., economics, political science and public administration, St. Francis College (India)
M.A., economics, Osmania University (India)
M.A., econometrics, Universite de Rennes (France)
Ph.D., economics, Universite de Rennes (France)
- Corporate finance
- Derivative markets and financial risk management
- International financial markets
- Corporate governance
- Finance pedagogy
- Foreign exchange hedging
- International accounting
- Project finance
- Risk management
- Structured finance
- Jaiswal-Dale, A., and Jianing (Jade) Fang, "Demonstrating Retrieval of Financial Information in XBRL," Journal of Instructional Techniques in Finance, forthcoming.
- Jaiswal-Dale, A., G. Bodnar, C. Consolandi, and G. Gabbi, “Risk Management and Usage of Derivative Contracts: A survey of non-listed and listed non-financial Italian Firms,” European Financial Management Journal, Forthcoming.
- Jaiswal-Dale A., G. Bodnar, C. Consolandi, and G. Gabbi, “Risk Management for Italian Non-Financial Firms,“ Economia & Management 5 (2012): 1-23.
Jaiswal-Dale, A., S. Brod, M. Glaum, and S. Salchow, "Total Risk Evaluation for Capital Budgeting- Roundtable Discussion," Journal of Applied Finance 21:1 (2011).
"Facilitating Student Understanding of the Sub-Prime Mortgage Crisis: Systematic Risk, CDO and Contagion," Journal of International Business Education 5 (2010): 117-144.
Jaiswal-Dale, A. and L. Lundsten, "Assessment of Classroom Learning: The Alphabet Soup of the Financial Markets – CDO, CDS, SIV, SPE, Ratings and Others," Journal of the Academy of Business Education 11 (2010): 126-135.
- Jaiswal-Dale, Ameeta and Thadavillil Jithandrenathan, "Transmission of Shocks from Cross-Listed Markets to the Return and Volatility of Domestic Stocks," Journal of Multinational Financial Management 19/5 (2009): 395-408.
- Jaiswal-Dale, A., C. Consolandi, E. Poggiani and A. Vercelli, "Global Standards and Ethical Stock Indexes: The Case of the Dow Jones Sustainability Stoxx Index," Journal of Business Ethics 86:1 (2009).
"Derivative Contracts: Their Uses and Abuses. Lessons from Long-Term Capital Management," CIBER Case Collection, European Case Clearing House (ECCH), Babson College, 2003.
"Enron: A Pedagogical Model of Creative Financial Management," University of St. Thomas, Catholic Studies website, Fifth International Symposium on Catholic Social Thought and Management Education, Universidad de Suesto, Bilbao, Spain, 2003.
"Enron in India: A Case in International Finance," CIBER Case Collection, European Case Clearing House (ECCH), Babson College, 2001.
"Enron in India." In International Financial Management, 2nd edition, 385-390. Irwin/McGraw Hill, 2001.
Work in Progress
- "Financial Reporting for Transparency in Capital Sourcing: A Tale of Two Standards from the 18th and 21st Centuries."
- Jaiswal-Dale, A., C. Consolandi, and G. Gabbi, “Reputational Risk and Senior Management Sell Decisions: The Case of US Financial Institutions.”
- “The International Market Structure and Economic Justification for an Apple Juice Concentrate Futures Contract at the Minneapolis Grain Exchange.”
- “Cross-Hedging Ratio Between the Established Corn Futures and the Newly Introduced Apple Juice Concentrate Futures at the Minneapolis Grain Exchange.”
Work Under Review
Jaiswal-Dale, A., F. Jianing, G. S. J. Yang, “Retrieving Financial Information in XBRL,” Journal of Instructional Techniques in Finance.
Jaiswal-Dale, A. and G. Pliego, “Demonstrating the Implementation of AACSB’s AOL Process in a Derivative Finance Course,” Journal of the Academy of Business Education.
Jaiswal-Dale A., C. Consolandi, and G. Gabbi, “US Financial Institutions: Reputational Risk and Senior Management Sell Decisions,” Journal of Financial Transformation.
Significant Scholarly Honors
Best Paper Award for “US Financial Institutions: Reputational Risk and Senior Management Sell Decisions,” International Business and Economy Conference, January 2009.
Global Citizenship Award to International Education Founders, 25th Anniversary of the International Education Center, University of St. Thomas, 2008.
U.S. Department of State 2000 NIS College and University Partnership Program, 2000-2003.
CIBER award for best international case study, Financial Management Association, 1999.
French government scholarship for doctoral program in France, 1977.
Current International Experience
Visiting professor positions (i) France - EDHEC Business School, Grande Ecole, Lille and Nice; Université de Caen, Centre Franco-Américain (ii) Italy - University of Siena
Research Committees and Invited Seminars – (i) L’Ecole de Commerce et de Management de Normandie, France.
Research committee, Masters Research Project for the Executive MBA Program. (January 2009). (ii) Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium. Evaluator for EUR 1 million Research Grants each, jointly funded by French Universities - Academie Universitaire Louvain, Universite Catholique de Mons, Facultes Universitaires de Notre Dame et St. Louis. ( November 2008). (iii) La Tuscia University, Business School, Viterbo, Italy. Invited Seminar on International Financial Markets. (April 2006).
Invited lectures and research presentations - Indian, Czech Republic Universities (1997 to present).