David and Barbara Koch Endowed Chair in Business Ethics : Ethics and Business Law Department
Send an email
B.A., mathematics, University of Notre Dame
M.A., philosophy, University of Michigan
Ph.D., philosophy, University of Michigan
- Business ethics
- Corporate governance
- Corporate responsibility
- Global business values
- "Corporate Responsibility and Its Constituents." In Oxford Handbook of Business Ethics, edited by Beauchamp and Brenkert. Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Conscience and Corporate Culture. Wiley-Blackwell Publishers, 2007.
- Goodpaster, Kenneth, L. L. Nash and H. C. deBettignies, Business Ethics: Policies and Persons, Revised 4th Edition. McGraw-Hill Irwin, 2006.
- Goodpaster, Kenneth and T. Dean Maines, "US Citizen Bank: A Case Study," Business and Professional Ethics Journal 23:1/2 (Spring/Summer, 2004): 93-133.
- "Ethics or Excellence? Conscience as a Check on the Unbalanced Pursuit of Organizational Goals," Ivey Business Journal 68: 4 (March/April, 2004): 1-8.
- "Teaching and Learning Ethics by the Case Method." In Blackwell’s Guide to Business Ethics, edited by N.Bowie. Blackwell Publishers, 2002.
- Goodpaster, Kenneth and J.B. Matthews, "Can a Corporation Have a Conscience?" Harvard Business Review 60 (January/February, 1982).
- Executive Editor, Corporate Responsibility: The American Experience, Cambridge University Press, 2012.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- The 2005 Green Honors Chair, Texas Christian University, April 2005
- The 2005 Dodd Distinguished Lecturer in Business Ethics, University of Toledo, April 2005
- Aquinas lecturer, St. Louis University, 2003
- Business excellence award for innovation in teaching, University of St. Thomas, 2002
- Paul Harris medal for service to education, Rotary International, 2000