Associate Professor : Entrepreneurship Department
Send an email
B.S., industrial engineering, Marquette University
M.B.A., entrepreneurship, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Ph.D., entrepreneurship, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Small business/new venture strategy
- Small business/new venture financing
- Bootstrapping strategies
- Growth strategies of small firms
- Factors impacting firm start-up
- Ebben, J. and A. Johnson, "Cash Conversion Cycle Management in Small Firms: Relationships with Liquidity, Invested Capital, and Firm Performance," Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship 24:3 (2011): 381-397.
- Ebben, J. and A. Johnson, "SP Equity Case Study," Journal of Management Policy and Practice 12:3 (2011): 91-107.
- "Bootstrapping and the Financial Condition of Small Firms," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research 15:4 (2009): 346-363.
- "Decisions That Impact Small Firm Growth," Business Journal for Entrepreneurs Quarterly 4 (2007): 62-76.
- "Product Offering, Operational Strategy, and Performance of Small Firms," Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship 20 (2007): 245-255.
- Johnson, A., J. Ebben, and R. Pricer, "Organization Strategy for Successful Firm Performance," Journal of Applied Business and Economics 6:5 (2006): 73-83.
- Ebben, J. and A. Johnson, "Bootstrapping in Small Firms: An Empirical Analysis of Change Over Time," Journal of Business Venturing 21 (2006): 851-865.
- Ebben, J. and A. Johnson, "Efficiency, Flexibility, or Both? A Link Between Strategy and Performance in Small Firms," Strategic Management Journal 26 (2005): 1249-1259.